Saturday, September 21, 2013

A look back... and a look forward (Congo Time)


G'day G'day G'day from Congo Congo Congo…




I've been with Mercy Ships since 2010 and have loved every moment.
It is so exciting to know that you are exactly where God has called you to be. 

Everyday I get to be part of a team that transforms so many lives…





One thing I have realised is that time really does fly here on the ship.
It seemed like just the other day we were in Guinea.





Here is a little recap...





And here is a special story of two little twins that passed through our doors… 





It seemed like just the other day we packed up and left Guinea…





Loading the Vehicles.



Deflating the tents.





It also seemed like just the other day when we were sailing…






And now I can't believe it… I find myself in a completely new country… CONGO :)






The start of the outreach is always pretty busy with getting everything ready…

Once the Gangway is lowered…





We hit the ground running and begin setting everything up...


Dockside tents...


And now we are here… Ready to be God's Hands and Feet and reveal His love to those who are in desperate need.





Our awesome rehab team (Nick, Bob, Lutte, Robyn, Courtney and Erin
+ Mike our other day worker who isn't in the photo). 



Stay in tune for the update on screening day…


God is good and I am thankful He is with me every step of the way.