Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Land of Opportunity :)

So I spent the last three months in the United States and had an awesome time. I got to spend Christmas with Suzanne and her family, which was just wonderful. Very different to the hot Christmas days back home.





Levi and Jenna

Jonathan

Scheumann Christmas Tripoley 
(Left to Right: Mr Scheumann, Grandma Wilson, Mrs Scheumann
and Uncle Matt)... oh and that is Mark in the very background)

I also got to catch up with some great friends (Richard and Sophie) from back home.




Richard in his Moose Onesie



Anyways the most exciting news is that on January 4, 2014, I asked Suzanne to marry me. And she said yes!!!!!!!





I am happy to say that we will be getting married July 26th, which isn’t long now…


The United States really is the Land of Opportunity :)
Here I have found the one I get to spend the rest of my life with.



I thank God every day for bringing our lives together from different sides of the globe.





And yes we did meet on the Love boat





Suzanne is such an awesome woman of God and she challenges me with her example everyday. I am one lucky guy to have her as my best friend.





We are apart for this season while she is still on the ship (in Congo) and I am teaching Hope Medical Centre how to treat clubfeet (in Guinea). If you want to follow her journey you can at
(she has an awesome blog)




In other news, I have spent the last three months in the states studying for a National Physical Therapy board exam, so when the time comes I can work in the states (kind of important when you are marrying an American).

Anyways, Glory to God I passed :)

A big shout out to Seth and Karissa who made this possible by letting me stay at their house while I studied all those long days. And thanks to Ollie dog who was my study partner. She must be one smart dog now based on the hours I spent studying with her.






Ok so what’s next?
Well the next update will be about my time in Conakry reviewing all those we taught how to treat clubfeet.


God is good.