Monday, May 7, 2012

Off to West Africa.... Again :)

Hello to everyone,

I am writing because I am off again... Yes I know Deja vu...
Well this time I have bought a one way ticket and my plan is to call West Africa home for up to three years.... aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

For those who may not know, I volunteer with an awesome Christian organisation called “Mercy Ships”, which is a hospital located within the walls of a massive ship. 




In 2010 and 2011 I had the privilege of serving in Togo and Sierra Leone and was part of a team that transformed literally thousands of lives. 


This year I will be volunteering in Guinea from July onwards and I am excited to be taking on the Rehab Coordinator position. During this time I’ll be working mainly with orthopaedic and burn patients. 



My heart really does break for those who have been born into poverty and this is why I am so excited that God has called me into this kind of ministry. Everyday I see lives transformed through volunteers who donate their time and money.



The reason I am writing is because I really can’t do this alone. I need your support. The best way you can honestly help is through your prayers, emails and encouragement. Believe it or not West African be a tough place to live in at times, so a simple email or prayer really does make the world of difference to me.

I am also looking to raise $10700 which will cover my expenses (flights, food and board). I know this is a lot of money but every little bit really does help and the good thing is that all donations are tax deductible.


 
If you, or anyone you can think of is interested in supporting please let me know.

And to support financially please go to www.nickveltjens.blogspot.com
and for Australian residents who want their donation tax deductible please email me and I will send you the appropriate form.


I am very excited to be heading back to West Africa and want to thank everyone for all their support in helping me return.



Thank you kindly and God bless,


Nick Veltjens
nickveltjens@gmail.com